St Mary’s, Crossmolina
The current church in Crossmolina was also built in 1810, replacing an earlier church which was considered too small. It claims descent from the ancient St. Mary’s Augustinian Abbey by its location near Abbeytown and its continued dedication to St. Mary. In 1993, the remains of a quern stone were found in the old graveyard which suggests that the present site of St Mary’s was a medieval village set around the Castle. A register of births, marriages and deaths has survived from 1802 however previous registers were lost during the 1798 rebellion.
12 noon (1st and 3rd Sundays Holy Communion, 2nd and 4th Sundays Morning Prayer)
5th Sunday United Worship around the Union